Thursday 20 November 2008

Beef Dripping

I've actually enjoyed being in the last couple of nights. It's far too cold to go out, especially because I've lost 2 wooly hats in the past week and countless pairs of gloves. All I've been doing this week is sitting in drinking tea, browsing the internet and working on some stuff for the upcoming face Shred'r zine. Another past time of mine this winter is showing friends new items in my room over web cam.



Here's a still of me holding up an awesome zine called Beef Dripping. I don't have a clue who makes this or where it's made (I'm guess somewhere in Scotland) but I picked it up in Recoat Gallery for a few quid. The issue I'm holding up in the picture is called "Age Concern" and it's basically about old people and the funny things they do.

The person I showed it to asked me to read an article out, but the microphone on my lap top broke so I hand typed one.

Eco Nan

I'm still having babies, that's the first reason why I'm still young, 68 years young to be precise. One baby every two years since I was 50. All my young friends tell me I have a real spring in my step. You see age is nothing but a state of mind, nothing at all. I'malways looking for trainers on the internet and other dead cool things. T-in the park tickets? Phoarr!Don't they go fast. Goodness listen to my boundless enthusiasm and youthful exuberence, a lot of old people wouldn't get my style, but everyone has their own style. My sons gay and I don't even care! Thiscould be rotterdamn or anywhere, YEAH I love boogying in nightclubs, so watch out you young hunks....we could rent a room in a youth hostel, I'm all body and spirit. I refused a hip replacement operation; I know with herbal remedies my hip will replace it's self! I don't eat placentas I blend them with grapefruit and make smoothies. My children are all such individuals free spirits, just like me. So it came as a bit of a shock when the child welfare people came around and took them away from me.

There was a rad drawing and picture on the page but it didn't come up clear when i took a picture of it.

I can't even give anyone credit for it because there's no name or link to a website. But go down to recoat gallery and pick a copy up.

No comments: