Tuesday 7 October 2008

Husbands and Wife duos

After the excellent Daedelus show on Sunday we met up with him after and walked him up to his hotel. We had an excellent chat. He told us about his Wife and how she was a talented musician herself. Apparently it's her voice that appears all over the new Flying Lotus record. Anyway daedelus and his wife Laura have a project called The Long Lost. They've got their first single out soon and a US tour in the pipeline.

This got me thinking about another Husband and Wife duo. Lullatone. If you didn't know Lullatone are a duo from Nagoya Japan who make sweet, cute pop songs. They use lots of kids instruments and record alot of the noises you hear around their house.




Ouchi Orchestra Exhibition at Amagasaka from lullatone on Vimeo.

Lullatone do music for Japanese TV shows, art exhibitions and jingles for the radio. I think I'll buy the new album they have out when I can afford to start spending instead of constant saving.

I wonder how stressful their homelife is.

"Oh honey you do this dishes, I want to record the sound of the tap running"

No comments: