Wednesday 1 October 2008

No More spending

If you read the calender post that I did a few days ago you'd realise that I've got quite alot on in the coming months. Most of the things I plan to do will cost alot of money, so therefor I can't really afford to be buying things like records, T shirts, cinema tickets, nice meals out and prints for my room. I just can't seem to stop myself though. I've been spending far too much money. Today though I'm glad I spent money on an EP titled "Red State" by Gowns.



It's members of Amps for Christ and Mae Shi doing this beautiful, smart, noise thing, fused with pop to create something that I think on their own both bands couldn't achieve.

This is the tracklisting:

1. Fargo
2. Rope
3. Fake July
4. White Like Heaven
5. When It Burned
6. Subside
7. Clawless
8. Mercy Springs
9. Advice
10. Cherylee





This is what the band have to say about themselves.

Erika (ex Amps for Christ): I think the music we play is psychedelic in an over-the-counter type of way. Realistic. Fucked-up prosaic. Not the perfect LSD trip but maybe like ODing on sleeping pills or huffing gasoline out of a paper bag. Cool visuals but also puking on the sidewalk. And real emotive.

Ezra(ex Mae Shi): We are not hyperactive. We are confused. We are rarely clever. We are not loud all the time. We are not all boys. We are upset about certain things and we want to talk about it.

Well that's the last luxury purchase for a while. I need so much though, if anyone wants to do a swap for some stuff I'd be up for that. I need a good winter coat, some rad prints for my room and a new bag.

No comments: