Monday 15 September 2008

Hand me downs

when it comes to the stage where I'm two weeks late in giving people money I owe them I always seem to be greeted with "it's about time" or "Where's my money". But today when I went to give my mate Mark back 20 quid I owed him, he greeted me at the door with a massive bundle of Vice Magazine back issues and the entire Daniel Johnston collection.

The story is that he started collecting Vice a couple of years ago and then moved in with his girlfriend. His girlfriend then through out his whole collection because of not having enough space for storage or something. So he started collecting again. He said that their having problems with storage again and have to much junk. He asked if i'd look after them for a while just incase his girlfriend tries to get rid of them again.

So I did. There's a good few weeks of reading here and alot of the issues are from a few years back that I've never read or seen before. Was such a struggle getting them up the road.

Here's a few issues I layed out across my floor.



I can't wait to get started on these and the Daniel Johnston CD's. If you haven't seen the Documentary "The Devil and Daniel Johnston" you should definetly get yourself a copy.

Here's the trailer:

No comments: