Saturday 6 September 2008

Refreshing Rails

It's really rare these days that I watch new skateboarding videos and footage that get me really inspired in the way that it used to. Everyone seems to be following the trend in skateboarding of skating tight/whippy banks in some amazing foreign country or blasting around a park at 90mph doing slash 5.0's and big bonelesses. All the credit in the world to the people doing that stuff, but no matter how big the ramp or rail it just doesn't get to me the way it used to.

Today though my friend Ian told me about a Japanese skateboarder called Gou Miyagi and linked me to his part in a video titled "Overground Broadcasting"(which i now know is a film by the far east skateboard network). In this part he shows so much creativity and board control. I've never seen someone have this much control on round rails. Even if you're not a skateboarder you should definetly watch this video part and try and appreciate how much skill this guy has on a skateboard. He also looks like he's generally having fun, which is pretty rare these days too.



Notice how perfect the spots and general architecture looks. So much nice looking marble.

No comments: